There are a bunch of lean of peak videos on you tube, I have watched a
bunch and read alot.

I don't do it the way I was taught in flight training circa 1992 any more.
That was too rich too often.

I am full rich for only the take off and initial climb out nowadays.

I don't taxi rich either.

I will go full rich to very lean for start up, whatever that motor wants
for a quick start depending on conditions which of course varies motor to
motor day to day, etc..  But once running, not full rich.

(well, ok if I find some reason to do a full power climb mid route maybe
full rich then too.  You know: when there is "suddenly" a mountain ahead,
like who could plan for that?  Well, oddly seaplanes do a lot of work in
narrow volcanic mountain valleys with steep sidewalls..  Ok I am pretty
much full rich all the time doing water work inside mountain valleys with
lakes in the bottom.  But going there and coming home lean of peak is where
I am at and with a low power cruise I log more hours for cheaper and low
cht's).

jg