Mark,

Thanks, the purpose of my messages is to come back up to speed on subject
matter that I have not addressed in several months or years by discussing
what I know, what I think I know and what I don't know and what I need to
know.

I have never been happy with the Zenith carb and my concerns with trying to
set up a mixture control and do so safely. I spent a lot of time money and
effort recently building a 454/ 496 high torque at lower RPM stroker motor
for my vintage Airstream motorhome so I am also trying to switch gears.Like
most of my project, once I get into them they tend to go from what I
thought I needed to do to something much farther.

For example, this started out as me being curious about my heads because I
had a spark plug that needed a helicoil to pull the heads to properly
install the coil and also feeling I probably wouldn't like what I saw once
I pulled the heads. Plus I had had a few temp issues that it seems many
experience with the VW so I was also concerned because of that.

So, the one thing that led to another is now causing me to look into carb
options again. What is that saying in experimental projects ? 90% done, 90%
left to go.

All the details being brought up by those direct to indirect is valuable to
me as I suspect it's valuable to others. So, if you or others feel you
might be drifting or digressing off subject, it is all very valuable to me.

Jeff