From: Mark <m...@n56ml.com>
To: krnet <krnet@list.krnet.org>
Date: Saturday, 5 November 2022 12:23 PM EDT
Subject: Re: KRnet> ram air....potential issue!

I reread my Jim Hill website, and it was a Posa that Jim was running
when the ram air caused the engine problem.   It was replaced by a
Revflo, which ran fine, as I recall.  The Revflo does have a good
reputation.  The Posa, on the other hand, is a POS.

Enclosed is the page from the 1990 Ellison manual, which talks a lot
about the possibility of feeding the TBI vapor and causing problems, but
nothing specific about cooling the TBI itself.

 I could be wrong, but I believe I'd heard nothing about vapor lock
issues until I experienced it myself with my EFS-3, and in
troubleshooting, I tried the blast tube on the diaphragm and it worked.
Maybe I got that idea from somebody else, but it did cure my problem,
and Mark Jones' problem as well.  It is a real issue, and failure to
address it can lead to unhappy results.

See enclosed page from the 1990  Manual, which I believe is the manual
that came with an EFS-3A that I bought off ebay, along with a purchase
agreement between Ellison and Craig Williams, the original purchaser.
That EFS-3A is destined for N891CJ, which is currently running an
Aerocarb.  it is worth mentioning that the Aerocarb doesn't seem to mind
ram air, and least not on this installation.  Not that I'm recommending
the Aerocarb at all.....

Mark Langford
m...@n56ml.com
http://www.n56ml.com