MArk, thanks for the words on the Revmaster heads. I also had a
conversation with fellow KR2 and local Mike Warner who also recommended
Revmaster. So, I called Revmaster and had a long conversation with Joe.
Great conversation and he pointed out several of the improvements they made
including moving the spark plus eliminating the cracks. Joe made sure I
knew that they did all the engineering and that I can buy their heads and
simply bolt them on. I think I am also going to buy the RevFlow floatless
carb in 34 mm size. I have some more research and reading to do this
weekend.

I believe Mike mentioned using Napa synthetic oil. I work for Valvoline
corporate and I believe we make Napa's oil. I'm curious to know which Napa
oil it is so I can see what it is. I actually work with Napa a lot but I am
actually in global management in operations and planning. You got me
thinking and I am going to go over to the lab and see what I can find out
about what they might know regarding lubrication and such for my engine.
It's really interesting what they can do with an oil sample and such. They
are fun to talk to but to be honest, when they start talking about
all these chemistries I can't keep up. There are a few of us motor heads at
corporate and the lab is a cool place to hang out. When I built my 454 /496
stroker motor for my vintage Airstream motorhome, they reached out to me to
allow them to put in a new oil for my motorhome as they are wanting to
expand in the RV market.

As far as my head's, not only are there several cracks, some of the seats
(I think mostly the exhaust seats) are beaten into casting. I think that
affected rocker arm clearances and all my valves are shot.

Again thanks everyone, I really enjoy the feedback and dialog.

Jeff