Hi Tom, Thomas, *
Le 13/10/2013 12:54, Tom Davies a écrit :
> Hi :) I tend to dislike "must not" too.  It's soo authoritarian that
> it makes me want to go against it or to find out why not by
> experimentation.  I prefer things like; should avoid try not to
> please don't it's worth avoiding ...  because ... and other such less
> definite equivalents.  Even better is if you can flip it around to
> say the positive instead.

The reasons I used "must not" are simple:
- makes the reader aware that this is of the most importance: if he
breaks the build, his language can't be built or in other cases, the
users of his language will lose data,
- makes it clear for readers who are not confident with English: 'must'
has no ambiguity, this is not the case for 'should' or 'have to'. With
'must', there is no question even if your English is not so good.

Kind regards
Sophie