Hello Tom, *,
On Sonntag, 13. Oktober 2013 19:08 Tom Davies wrote:
> Ahh, good point.  The result from DuckDuckGo (which i also often
> use even when i say i "google it", (just to make sure the MS one
> doesn't become the generic term and then get copyrighted)) does

it is somehow a generic term. Even our "sheriffs of the German
language (Duden, who publishes dictionaries for the German language,
see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duden) has a verb for "to google"
in it (see http://www.duden.de/rechtschreibung/googeln) ... ;)
Though I am not sure, how the situation is in other countries ... :(

> make sense and explains my policy of either avoiding it or trying
> to dodge around it.

O.K.

> The link didn't work until i delete the full stop.  I generally
> ignore normal rules of grammar and such-like when handing out url
> or email addresses.    2 lines were a bit dodgy "He shall take
> over his father’s car repair shop in the future." It just looks
> likely to cause problems and is "tempting fate".  If i wrote
> something like that the poor kid would probably get knocked down
> by a double-decker bus within a week and i'd be blaming myself for
> years.

Here I am somehow at a loss, how I should interpret it, sorry ... :(
What do you mean with the sentence "If I wrote something like that
the poor kid..."? Why should it "get knocked down by a double-decker
bus"?

> Also it looks wrong nowadays.  I think now it would be
> more normal to see "will" or "hopes to" but never "shall" and i
> don't really know why not.  Sometimes you just have to try it and
> leave it to other people to correct if there really is any weird
> unknowable problem with it.  The aim is "release early and release
> often" and NOT perfection 100% of the time.  Perfection seems to
> evolve later.

I hope so ... ;)

> Anyway, i think you have solved the problem

Maybe ... ;)

<Rest snipped and TOFU removed, see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style#Top-posting>

--
There's nothing like good food, good wine, and a bad girl.