Whoever came up with the phrase "retail therapy" didn't do the weekly shop, neither are they any larger than a size zero for clothes!

<Or you could shop on-line and have it delivered with four giant size tins of dog food in one carrier bag and just a tube of toothpaste in another! It never ceases to amaze me why they can't even up the distribution between the plastic carrier bags.>

I do shop on line if I just can't get to the supermarket (DH doesn't drive), and am now glad that they now have the option "no substitutes". Before they did that I wondered at the thinking of the person doing the shopping for me - I wanted fruit shortcake biscuits and got fig biscuits; I wanted plain bio yoghurt for the dog and fruit yoghurt for me - they hadn't got the fruit yoghurt I wanted, so instead of sending another brand, I got double plain bio.

I've just changed supermarkets after 50 years of loyalty to Sainsburys from the days when they used to serve you and pat butter for you. The reasonable-sized one in Poole town centre removed the seats in the area outside because they were being used by drunks - I don't drink so why should I be deprived of the opportunity to sit down. Then they introduced coin-in-the-slot small trolleys because people were stealing them. I can't use a big one because I can't get the shopping out of it. I can't walk very well so use the trolley as a walking frame and, by the time I've got my shopping into the car, I don't have the strength to take the trolley back to get my coin back; and, before anyone suggests I get an assistant to help me - NO! I want to remain independent. I'm not a thief, so why should I be treated like one.

So I moved to the other larger one in Poole, which still doesn't have seats, but doesn't have coin-in-the-slot trolleys. Then they decided to make it larger. It's now big enough to hold a jumbo jet, but they've reduced the number of lines they sell (many of which I bought "This is an alternative." No! I decide what I buy, not you.") and no longer have the storage space, so many of the shelves are empty. Add to that the rearrangement of the car park with more disabled and mother-and-child spaces than before, but stretching away from the entrance. Now most of those spaces are further from the entrance the able-bodied ones, which are always full. But they are complying with the law on the number of disabled spaces they have to have whether they are useful for the disabled or not. The staff got grumpy because they were being asked where things were, and if you wanted something halfway down one aisle and another halfway down the next, it seemed like a 100 metre trek to get to it - they'd removed all the cut-throughs with the mistaken idea that if you see something you don't normally buy, you will buy it now - wrong! I was getting grumpy before I even went through the door. Time to go elsewhere.

And don't get me started on being accosted to open a bank account with them or change my energy supplier to them. I don't buy my groceries at a bank or at the electricity company so why should I bank at a supermarket?

Jean in Poole, Dorset, UK