I had to give up on on-line shopping.  I have ongoing rows with the different
on-line supermarkets for the following reasons that I hate and they don't
think are an issue or worse, contravene food hygiene.  What they also don't
understand is that when they deliver something broken or substituted that I
can't have I then have to go our and buy it which defeats my buying it on
line:

- putting my tins of baked beans in with my eggs - result - smashed
eggs and sticky baked beans.
- putting my tins of baked beans in with my eggs
and raw meat - smashed eggs and egg soaked beans and raw meat
- putting my raw
meat in with my cooked or cured meat - yuck.  Contaminated raw meat and cooked
/ cured straight into the bin
- putting my raw meat in with my fresh fruit -
need I explain this one?
- putting any tins in with soft things like bread and
raspberries in the same bag - we had pink flat bread as a result
-
substituting my gluten free bread with gluten containing bread - hello? What
planet are you on.  I can't eat gluten - IT WILL KILL ME
- substituting my
fresh lemons with a bottle of lemon juice - so makes the G&T's work
-
substituting my cooked ham for a tin of ham ... I'm not even going to comment
- substituting my decaf tea with non decaf tea - no I'm not saying anything
-
substituting my soya chocolate drink with milk based strawberry drink
-
substituting my gluten free flour with gluten based flour - ughh

I could go
on ....

On one occasion where just under £25 worth of food was useless as it
had been contaminated and went through food handling and hygiene issues over
the delivery and the girl on the phone said I was being 'picky'.

Kind Regards
Liz Baker

thelace...@btinternet.com

My chronicle of my bobbins can be found
at my website: http://thelacebee.weebly.com/
________________________________
 Whoever came up with the phrase "retail
therapy" didn't do the weekly shop, neither are they any larger than a size
zero for clothes!

<Or you could shop on-line and have it delivered with four
giant size tins of dog food in one carrier bag and just a tube of toothpaste
in another!  It never ceases to amaze me why they can't even up the
distribution between the plastic carrier bags.>

I do shop on line if I just
can't get to the supermarket (DH doesn't drive), and am now glad that they now
have the option "no substitutes". Before they did that I wondered at the
thinking of the person doing the shopping for me - I wanted fruit shortcake
biscuits and got fig biscuits; I wanted plain bio yoghurt for the dog and
fruit yoghurt for me - they hadn't got the fruit yoghurt I wanted, so instead
of sending another brand, I got double plain bio.

<snipped>