My day job involves food.  I have to be current on my food hygiene
certification and I have certification on food safety that you would expect
for someone running a restaurant.

The last time I phoned up Ocado and told
them that putting raw and cooked meat in the same bag was an issue on food
hygiene grounds the girl at the end of the phone said; 'Are you sure?'

Now
am I sure.  YES I AM.  I explained that I if my suppliers at work did this we
would reject the consignment with no negotiation.  She then asked 'Are you
sure?'

Head - brick wall, head - brick wall.

I have had an on going battle
with the major supermarkets who think putting gluen free bakery products in
the bread aisle is good so I don't feel vitimised by having to go to a
separate aisle.  As I said to the girl from Tesco's 'why on earth would I want
to go down the aisle that has the stuff in it that if I breathe in the flour
alone or bread crumbs will have me doubled up in agony?'  She replied; 'I
don't know'.

Urghhh!

For those of you who are abroad you can only imagine
the niceness of the people who work at Waitrose.  They get upset if things
aren't in stock, will spend hours looking for things for you and try to offer
alternatives and if you shop with them regularily even get a bit tearful if
you are looking a bit peaky or have a sniffle.  One time I had to go shopping
because I had run out of food and had flu like symptons as did the rest of the
family.  I couldn't order on line as our broadband was down so in person
shopping was needed.  When I went to the deli counter I stood back and
apologised for being ill and explained why I was out and while she sorted out
my order I was given lots of help and advice on how to get rid on my symptoms.

Kind Regards

Liz Baker

thelace...@btinternet.com

My chronicle of my
bobbins can be found at my website: http://thelacebee.weebly.com/

Liz, I
have been reporting those supermarkets to Trading Standards and Public Health
on the first instance of them putting cooked and raw meat in the same bag, in
fact raw meat with anything else. I also have written to the chief executive
of the company concerned about the standard of their staff who put eggs in
with tins, and asking him to train staff in the reason why people have gluten
free products and the health risks to customers of substituting gluten
containing products for gluten free.<snipped>
Jean in Poole, Dorset, UK