My dear friends I am so glad you are there to correct and inform. I am
working on a rectangle bucks point pattern that is about 4X6 inches. I have
it on a relatively flat cookie pillow. I didn't have any wrinkles in the
pattern to pin out on the edges when I put the pattern on the pillow. As I
have worked down the pattern the card stock worked up off the pillow but the
lace itself did not work up the pins. I slanted the edge pins to the side
and back so the lace was held tight against the pricking and did not move up
the pins. But the pricking card itself moved up the pins. I was wondering if
a pattern like this was worked on a bolster pillow, if the pricking card
would stay on the bolster pillow. I have worked many yards of buckspoint
lace on roller pillows and not had the problem of the pricking card coming
up from the pillow. But when I work a pattern on a cookie type pillow I have
this problem.

I can't see how one would take care of all the bobbins on a bolster pillow
when you are working a large pattern like this that uses so many pairs of
bobbins. I have midland spangled bobbins because I like to use them with my
roller pillows and my cookie pillows to do bucks point but if I went to
using a huge bolster pillow to make this wide lace what do I do with the 300
to 400 bobbins while I am working with the 10 to 20? How did they keep the
bobbins from all coming down in front? Did they wrap the extra bobbins in
cover clothes and pin them to the side? Did they tie them together and pin
them to the side?

Has anyone worked a pattern wider than 4 inches and used more than 300
bobbins on a bolster pillow? Thanks for your help and your ideas. And I
think I am "bonkers" too just to think about making some lace like this. OK,
bucks thumper is what I meant. Thanks for the smile.

I have Christine Springettes book on Fine Buckinghamshire Point lace
patterns and I am thinking about making some of the lace in this book but I
don't want to fight the patterns coming off the pillow and so I was
wondering if I would have to make a huge bolster pillow like I have seen in
some pictures of ladies making point lace.

Karisse
Killeen, Tx where the heat and humidity are making me a litttle "bonkers"