Hi Karisse!

I've not worked with 300 bobbins at a time, but I can tell you how to tame
your bobbins when you have more than can be accomodated at one time on your
pillow...

Since you're working with Midlands bobbins, you're in luck!  The easiest
way to keep your pillow tidy is to go out to your nearest craft or knitting
shop and buy a bunch of stitch holders used in knitting to hold knitting
stitches when you take the knitting off the needle.  They look like very
large safety pins, and will accomodate 8 - 10 pairs of bobbins when they
are run through the spangles.  When you gather up your bobbins like this,
the bundles can be stacked on top of each other on one side of the pillow
or the other, leaving plenty of space in the center for the bobbins you're
working.  To figure out how many of these holders you need, count the
bobbins on your pillow and divide by 16...  for 150 bobbins, I'd buy ten.
You can always buy more as you tackle wider projects.

For projects where you choose to use "Thumpers", or continental bobbins
which don't have spangles, most lace vendors carry a bobbin holder that is
wood and has an elastic cord that holds the bobbins in place - and in
order.  They're more expensive than the knitting stitch holders, but the
knitting stitch holders just don't work with bobbins that don't have
spangles.

 This is also a wonderful way to prepare your pillow for moving it - for
example, to a class or demonstration.  After the bobbins are all bundled,
scoot the bundles up a tad to take the tension off the threads, and then
secure the bundles to the pillow with a cover cloth and/or elastic strip.
It will only take a few minutes to have your pillow back in working shape
when you get to your destination.

Hope this all makes sense!!

Clay Blackwell
[EMAIL PROTECTED]