> I seem to have a different problem, that of the lace moving up the
> pins when I do Bucks point. My pricking stays flat (working on a 24"
> cookie pillow currently), but the lace has lifted maybe 4-5
> millimeters (a bit less than 1/4 inch) off the surface of the
> pricking. I do place the edge pins as described by Jane, and I think
> my middle forest of pins are fairly vertical, and yet the lace rises
> up!

I'm assuming this is a fairly wide piece and that you have bobbins stacked
either side. If so, I find a trick taught by Ulrike Loehr helpful. At either
side of the lace, next to the furthest worked edge pin, place a large pin
(eg hatpin, divider pin) angled at about 45 degrees. The point of the pin
goes in the pricking card about 1/4inch or so from the  sloping edge pin.
The pin lies parallel to the edge of the lace, with the head of the pin away
from the worked lace. I am trying to draw a diagram, and hope that it comes
through intelligibly!

           |         Lace                    |

           |         Lace                    |

           |         Lace                    |

           |         Lace                    |

        .  |         Lace                    | .
        Head                                Head
        of pin                               of pin

  The thread from each bobbin is then taken under this angled pin as the
bobbin goes out to the stack. Obviously the large pin has to be moved as the
lace grows.

Hope this makes sense!
Sue