Have you pinned down the pricking?  When I pin down the corners (and longer
sides, if necessary), the pattern can't ride up because the pins are holding
it down.  They're pushed all the way down flush with the pillow, so the
threads won't catch on them.

Robin P.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
http://www.pittsburghlace.8m.com/