Dear Karisse, Clay and others,

Since you're working with Midlands bobbins, you're in luck!  The easiest
way to keep your pillow tidy is to go out to your nearest craft or knitting
shop and buy a bunch of stitch holders

There's an even better way which works in a similar fashion. Got to your supermarket and buy a bunch of those very cheap plastic coat-hangers (we can get about 10 for $1 here). Then with wire cutters or pliers, simply cut each one in half, throwing away the hook bit. Now bend the cut end to make each half into a giant safety pin shape.
Each of these will hold about 30 bobbins. Right now I'm working on a large Chantilly edging and have about 150 pairs on the go - not quite all hung in yet - but I already have a stack of 7 of these bobbin holders going.
One further VERY IMPORTANT hint. When you load up a pin with the 30 or so bobbins, before you drag it around to one side, place a large hat pin or divider pin about an inch from the edge of your work at a 45 degree angle downwards from it. This way there is not undue tension forced upon the end pins and it also prevents those hundreds of threads becoming tangled in your work.
Love
David in Ballarat