> It's my understanding that Read considers her *diagrams* of the braids to be
> copyrighted but not the braids themselves.  In Sandi Woods' class, she said
> she specifically got Pat's permission to do diagrams like Pat's for her own
> book.  If you publish diagrams, I believe you need to develop your own style
> that looks "different enough" from hers to be clearly your own.  Of course,
> there's only so many ways you can draw thread diagrams....

Exactly...  I find it hard to believe they have copyright on the "a line per
pair, crossing lines=cloth stitch, little line across=add twist" diagram
style...  Is it OK to use the diagram style with different colors for different
stitches (I don't remember how it goes or where it's from right now, but it
seems pretty popular) without worrying about copyright?

Weronika

--
            Weronika Patena
        Caltech, Pasadena, CA, USA