Hi all,

I use cover cloths a lot, sometimes covering my entire
pillow; so I know from experience that Two (2) problems can
result in regard to the shredding of threads and cover
cloths:

        1.) The longer the working thread between the
pricking and the bobbins, the more likely it WILL rub on the
cover cloth.
        2.) A cover cloth edge that is not stretched tightly
over the working area WILL bubbly up and possibly rub
against the threads.

It takes diligence to watch both of these things each time
you adjust your cloths.

Overfilling the bobbin, causing the thread to sit on the
cover cloth or pillow, and be pushed back and forth, etc. is
not a cover cloth problem but certainly is a no-no.  An
over-filled bobbin shoves lint and pillow dust into the
thread fibers.

It would be beneficial to watch all of these problems while
setting up the working pillow.

Susie
Susie Johnson, lacemaker
Member L.A.C.E., I.O.L.I., Arachne List