From: Tatman <tat...@tat-man.net>
......the pins and pricking are the music score......

I have often used this analogy when an observer tells me they could never learn to make lace. I ask, "Can you read music? If they say yes, then I tell them the pricking is like musical notation and you simply learn to interpret it as when reading music. I, too, am enjoying this thread. I'm also one of those who is more process oriented than product oriented. I love the learning and the problem solving. I'm a detail person and lacemaking definitely appeals to that bent.

Vicki in steamy Maryland where we are still setting records for heat (A thermometer we have registered 104F yesterday!)