Hi Ilse and Arachnids,
Normally I sit on a straight chair (dining room or kitchen type) with a
small support pillow in the small of my back. The flat pillow is on a stand
at a comfortable height and pulled well into me so I don't have to lean
forward too much. Try to work out which the most comfortable position is for
you. The most important thing is; DO NOT SIT AT YOUR PILLOW FOR TOO LONG.
Get up, move about, do a few gentle stretching exercises (roll your
shoulders, pull them hard up towards your ears and drop them loose, gently
bend your neck back and forth and then from side to side, [DON'T roll your
neck], reach for the sky and then the floor etc.) before getting back to the
pillow. I have a very bad back and that is what I try to do -though
sometimes the lace gets away with me and I suffer for it-.
Happy lace making, Joepie, East Sussex, UK
From: Ilse Depaepe
Sent: Sunday, August 14, 2011 9:52 AM
Subject: [lace] How do you sit?
Dear lacers,
I need some advise on how to sit and where to make lace.
I keep having problems with my back and/or neck. I first sat in my settee
with pillows in my back. Now I'm on a chair.
What is the best place to sit? Any feedback would be much appreciated.
Happy lacemaking!
Ilse D.
-
-
To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected]. Photo site:
http://community.webshots.com/user/arachne2003