Yes, I often stand at the lace pillow. I have a wide ledge at a window
that is perfect for a D-shaped pillow, the height of the ledge plus
the depth of the pillow are perfect. If I open the window, a round
flat pillow can be accommodated though I take care with the bobbins at
the outside edge lest any of them whiffle off their tethers to the
ground below. At other times I've put the pillow on a box on a table
to stand to work. Yes, some jiggering with height is required and I
like to be able to look down to the lace at a comfortable sight
distance using reading glasses.

I'm basically lazy, standing at the pillow is easier  than getting up
and down - and I can walk away any time readily. I sit a lot at the
computer, prefer to avoid more sitting for lace. Lately I've been
knitting (lace) and I work that standing at my window ledge too.

--
Bev in Shirley BC, near Sooke on beautiful Vancouver Island, west
coast of Canada