hi Arachnids,

Glass might be somewhat fragile and heavy to carry around with all the other bits needed for a demo. I prefer to use sheets polycarbonate which can be 'clipped' together with upvc 'U' profile all round and is light-weight, virtually unbreakable, can be re-used and cut to size/shape with a fine-toothed saw (rub the edges with fine sandpaper). Also, as one would not leave the lace in it afterwards off-gassing should not be a problem.

Happy lacemaking, Joepie, East Sussex, UK

From: Lyn Bailey
Sent: Tuesday, October 25, 2011 2:36 PM

I was listening to some lace makers discussing the perils of showing pieces of
lace.  People can’t seem to keep their hands off.  To say nothing of the
light-fingered.  One person suggested putting the lace piece between two
pieces of glass. Seems like a winner to me. Perhaps even something that can come apart and be put
together again with a different piece.  Screws of a discreet nature?  Does
anyone have experience with such things, and where does one obtain such items?
If I search online, what terms do I use in the Google box?

Lyn in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, US, where fall days don’t get better than
this.