Clearly the question of displaying lace has been solved in many ways. Thanks to all of you. I had a half off coupon at AC Moore, (a chain craft supplies store in the US) so I picked up a floating picture frame, 10" x 14 " of display, with a black frame, and glass, and a gizmo to make it stand up on a table for $5. Not bad. And if I need more, I can get them, and they'd all match. I'll put something dark on the table, and I'm all set.

I get my clear vinyl at JoAnn's (a chain fabric store, cheap fabric, both in quality and price, in the US) which has several thicknesses. Great to top a table, like my new cherry kitchen table, so the wood shows through and only the plastic needs cleaning.

The glass is fine for me, as I'm doing car demonstrating mode right now, so I've got a car, then a rolling crate to carry stuff in, portable tables, etc. should be no problem.

Lyn in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, US, where it has, indeed, been a beautiful fall day. They are talking some snow on the weekend.