Thanks Joepie, Cynce and Lauren,
Floating picture frame, while not being frameless, which is what I had first contemplated, does fill the bill, and clearly is sufficiently popular (Walmart, anyone?) so I have lots of choices. And with 2 11" x 14" frames for less than $20 at Walmart, it won't break the bank, and clearly can be re used. Also, with glass, no gassing problems. Right, Jeri?

I was listening to some lace makers discussing the perils of showing pieces of lace. People cannot seem to keep their hands off. To say nothing of the light-fingered. One person suggested putting the lace piece between two pieces of glass. ... Does anyone have experience with such things, and where does one obtain such items?
If I search online, what terms do I use in the Google box?

Lyn in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, US, where fall days do not get better than this.