When we demo and have a table that we can put pieces on, we cover them with a
clear plastic dropcloth over a dark tablecloth.  This works for the flat
pieces
that would be easily lifted by the light fingered.  On top of this we
put any
framed pieces that hold it down or we pin the plastic to the
tablecloth.  The
plastic cloths are from the dollar store and so are very
thin when fully opened.
 It also helps if we are out in the wind or rain.
Recently, I have been taking a few of my latest pieces to display before and
after my yoga classes.  Gives people an opportunity to see what I have been
doing and I leave cards with my web address and where they can see more lace.
They are quite excited to see the real stuff rather than just photos.
Janice
<I was listening to some lace makers discussing the perils of showing pieces
of
lace.  People can’t seem to keep their hands off.  To say nothing of the
light-fingered.  One person suggested putting the lace piece between two
pieces of glass.  Seems like a winner to me. Lyn>
 Janice Blair
Crystal Lake,
50 miles northwest of Chicago, Illinois, USA
www.jblace.com
http://www.lacemakersofillinois.org