Google "riker mount"...  these are shallow cases with a glass lid and cotton
batting. They're used to store/display all kinds of things; you've probably
seen them in antique stores being used to display things like projectile points
or similar small items. For lace, I'd suggest a piece of finely woven cotton
fabric over the batting to contrast with the lace so the design stands out. I
wouldn't recommend them for long-term storage of lace, but for short-term
display they'd be great since they'd resist casual pilferage.

KW

Katrina Worley
kwor...@mac.com
--
History: special people in special places at special times
Anthropology: everyone else the rest of the time.