Richard K. Miller wrote:
On a separate note, a Firefox extension could also filter obscene language from web pages.

I setup my proxy (privoxy) to do that.  It's actually very simple.

I looked at the privoxy home page. Did you install it primarily for content filtering? Ad filtering? Do you notice a drop in performance?

I installed it primarily for ad filtering, and so far in probably over a year of using it, it's never gotten in my way. I've never noticed any drop in performance, either. It seems really lightweight.

As far as personally filtering stuff, I first hacked on it just by looking at examples and mostly figuring it out. It seems pretty simple. If you know a bit about regular expressions, that would probably make it easier.

Steve