On 27 Nov 2000, at 12:03, Mike Noyes wrote:

> David, Do you agree with Charles? Should we put the scripts on CVS,
> or do you have another idea?

I'm not sure what you all mean by "the scripts."  As Charles noted, I
completely and ruthlessly revamped /linuxrc and everything on down.
For me, that means /linuxrc and everything in /var/boot.  There is
also /etc/init.d/rcS and /etc/init.d/rc, which mainly include changes
to support all of the files in /etc/rc.config.d ...

My initial "update" package for LRP 2.9.7 was called "scripts"
because of these scripts that were changed.  Should I resurrect a
package which includes these?

Are these the scripts you all are talking about?

Also, to me, "source" is C code to things like syslogd, GNU sed,
busybox, tinylogin, et al.... these scripts would be in the base,
wouldn't they?

I don't know - I'm just pondering here.  Give me some feedback on
where this is going exactly........

--
David Douthitt
UNIX Systems Administrator