<x-flowed>Everyone,
Note: I'm not a developer, so the following comments may be out of line.

I think we're drifting from the purpose LEAF was started for. I thought we
agreed that we weren't going to create an embedded distribution. This means
we wouldn't create our own kernel patches, and we would remain embedded
distribution neutral.

I thought we started this project to create network centric target
environments for specific purposes. I thought we were going to wait for an
embedded Linux distribution to include 2.4 support before creating target
environments. I also thought we were trying to maintain the ability to
install the target environment on a floppy. See the taxonomy below for my
interpretation of the differences between LRP/Butterfly and the LEAF project.

Note: I haven't finished reading the on-line documentation for CVS, so this
structure is probably wrong.

I suggest the following structure for CVS:

/eigerstein +
             +- ?
/oxygen +
         +- ?

/doc +
      +- devel_guide
      +- etc.

/web +
      +- images
      +- devel_pages +
                     + mhnoyes
                     + etc.

Charles and David should determine what is included in their sub
directories. Developers can help with either distribution as they see fit,
or create their own based on another embedded Linux distribution. The
distributions should have the freedom to merge or diverge. The best ones
will draw developers that want to contribute, while the weak will perish.

Embedded Linux Taxonomy (from Embedded Linux Journal)

1 Embedded Linux Development Help
   1.1 Information
   1.2 Hardware+Software
   1.3 Services
   1.4 Software
     1.4.1 Special Distribution
       1.4.1.1 Smaller Versions of Standard Software
       1.4.1.2 Drivers
       1.4.1.3 Special Embedded Applications
       1.4.1.4 Patched Kernel
         1.4.1.4.1 Improve Performance