Hi Jacques,

        You were right about the bad download, I downloaded libz.so.1 with
 internet explorer and it worked... I knew netscape had hard time
downloading file
such as Red hat rpm files and others but I didn't think it was that
since
the packages seemed ok.

        I ran makekey succefully with the package from your sourceforge page
and also
with your libz.lrp. To confirm that it works I used ssh to connect to
other machines.

        But a problem remains, I cannot backup sshd.lrp and ssh.lrp but I can
backup
libz.lrp.  I don't know very much about the backup process of lrp but
all other packages
can backed-up fine except for those two.

        The error message is "could not mount back-up device" And it is certain
that my
back-up device is ok since I can back-up other packages. The message
appears at the
same moment as described in the recent post from the guy who ran these
 packages on a dual floppy set-up.

        In my case, I use IDE flash disk wich is configured to be /dev/hdc1, so
would it
be possible that these packages only back-up well on a one floppy setup
?  may be
/dev/fd0 is hard coded somewhere ?

        I didn't look very much where each file are but I can tell you that the
keys are
being backed up because when I re-install packages I can use ssh without
regenering
the keys

        If you want me to test any other package or to supply you additional
information
just ask...

        Thansk

                        Charles-Etienne Dube