From: "Charles-Etienne Dube" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> I ran makekey succefully with the package from your sourceforge page
> and also
> with your libz.lrp. To confirm that it works I used ssh to connect to
> other machines.
>
> But a problem remains, I cannot backup sshd.lrp and ssh.lrp but I can
> backup
> libz.lrp.  I don't know very much about the backup process of lrp but
> all other packages
> can backed-up fine except for those two.
>
> The error message is "could not mount back-up device" And it is
certain
> that my
> back-up device is ok since I can back-up other packages. The message
> appears at the
> same moment as described in the recent post from the guy who ran these
>  packages on a dual floppy set-up.
>
> In my case, I use IDE flash disk wich is configured to be /dev/hdc1,
so
> would it
> be possible that these packages only back-up well on a one floppy
setup
> ?  may be
> /dev/fd0 is hard coded somewhere ?
I suspect that either  your hard disk or a floppy disk is mounted. Frome
your LRP console exit the LRP menu and type df. You should only see
/dev/ram0 mounted you should be able to backup. if some other device
shows up (which I suspect) umount it  (cd / then umount
/whateverdirectory which is mounted ) and it should go.
By the way since you are the happy owner of an IDE flash disk your
install procedure should be as follow:
1/ copy libz.lrp ssh.lrp and sshd.lrp on your IDE disk
2/ include the 3 packages in syslinux.cfg. Save syslinux.cfg.
3/ reboot
4/ run makekey from the console
5/ backup sshd (this time it should work since you have not mounted
anything)
6/ remove sshkey.lrp from your disk and from syslinux.cfg

I'll update the install manual to clarify all this over the week-end.

Bonsoir
Jacques