Well you don't want to use the whole Windows environment over the tunnel -
it would be painfully slow. But to get filesystem access (Network
Neighbourhood) so that you can remotely access your DATA files you need to
point Network Neighbourhood at the localhost for the tunnel.

Get Tunellier to forward 137/138/139 from locahost then go Start -> Find
-> Computer and type in "\\127.0.0.1\" and Find Now. This should get you
to the remote end of the tunnel. It is important to remember that the
tunnel emminates from the machine where the ssh server resides but it does
not need to be pointed at it. It can be Samba on the that server or
something else on that LAN.

If you don't want to use \\127.0.0.1\ then you can try adding MS Loopback
as an additional adapter to your WinXX machine and give it a non-127.0.0.1
address probably in one of the non-routable blocks ie;172.16.1.1. Then you
don't blow away localhost functionality of whatever you tunnel.

dbc.

--

David B. Cook, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Linux -- up 13 days because it can.