Port forwarding through ssh is a *fabulous* solution. Look at
Tunnelier (http://www.bitvise.com/tunnelier.html) for WinX environments.
I forward 137/138/139 to my house and I can use my Samba shares from
anywhere through an encrypted tunnel.

MS functionality without their security problems! (I know, technically I
have extended the risk element on associated server procs from my server
to the end-of-line Windows device ... but don't burst my bubble!)

dbc.

--

David B. Cook, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
The only thing "Windows" this software came close to had an "X" in