Subject was: Sudo in Cgi

At 2002-03-17 18:56 -0800, Matt Schalit wrote:
>   Mike Noyes sent mail to Phillip and me off the
>list explaining how he's doing some behind the scenes
>moderating of leaf-user to filter out html posts and
>whatever else is on his list of no-nos.  It was news
>to me,  but it's not meant to censor or prevent people
>from posting.  Rather it's just another helpful attempt
>on his part to keep things workable around here.  I'm
>not sure about your .bat file or what else is discouraged.

Everyone,
I'm filtering our leaf-user list on header Content-Type. The only two types
that post without getting flagged for administrative action are:
text/plain, and multipart/signed. Note: this means that posts with
attachments will not reach our leaf-user list.

I'm sending this message to people who have their messages held.

>Please configure your email client [1] to send text/plain messages to
>this list. If you are unwilling to do this, you can submit a support
>request using the LEAF Tracker [2].
>
>[1] http://www.expita.com/nomime.html
>[2] https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=13751&atid=213751
>
>If you have any questions about this policy, please send them to
><[EMAIL PROTECTED]>.

Most people are able to configure their email client in a couple of
minutes, and resend their post. The few that run into problems I try to
help to the best of my ability.

This change increased my list manager workload. However, I believe it
avoids the periodic "please don't post with html" threads, and other
problems. Also, I think this makes our digest easier to read (I need to
verify this).

Is this change to draconian?

--
Mike Noyes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>