[...]
><good suggestions snipped>
>>NOTE:  I removed the part about creating a SF support request.  The
>>mail list works the way we as a group decide it should...there should't
>>be an SF support request just because someone can't post with their
>>favorite HTML stationary, add GIF smiley's, or whatever...
>
>I added the SF support request option to cover people who have employers
>that attach mime/html footers to all outgoing mail. I probably could have
>expressed this better.
[...]
>Alternate Support:
>If your employer attaches a footer to all outgoing mail that isn't
>text/plain, you may submit a support request using the LEAF Tracker [2].

Please forgive my usual absent mindedness ... but what actually happens when
someone submits a support request? Who sees it and acts on it? Have we
gotten any, and have they been handled well?

I'm not trying to criticise whoever handles these things ... I'm more
inclined to empathize with any difficulties he or she faces. But the
strength of the list is that *many* knowledgeable people see the questions,
so even if an occasional wrong response gets posted, the correct one is also
likely to be provided. If the support requests reach a smaller audience of
troubleshooters, the chances of either a mistake or no response at all go
up. Neither is a good thing.