At 2002-03-18 07:51 -0800, Ray Olszewski wrote:
>Plain text attachments might be fine. I personally prefer "a long
>inline attachments" myself, but that's a matter of taste. In any case,
>there are other types of attachment, such as MS Word .doc files, that
>create both potential security problems (for Windows users) and
>inconvenience (for Linux users). Attachments can include executables of
>many forms.

Ray,
I couldn't have said this any better. Thanks.

>Overall, I like Mike's approach. I only wish the bounce message could
>be configured to explain the problem automatically, instead of
>requiring Mike to send a personal followup.

I do too, but it doesn't look like that feature was added to Mailman 2.1.

[Mailman-Users] RELEASED Mailman 2.1 beta 1
http://www.mail-archive.com/mailman-users%40python.org/msg08437.html

This new feature is going to be really nice:
~ There is a new per-user option that can be used to avoid receipt of
~ extra copies, when a member of the list is also explicitly CC'd.

--
Mike Noyes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://sourceforge.net/users/mhnoyes/