At 2002-03-18 09:50 -0600, Charles Steinkuehler wrote:
> > Is this change to draconian?
>
>I don't think this is draconian, but you can probably save yourself
>some list admin work.
>
>I suggest some additions to the auto-responder e-mail:

Charles,
Unfortunately, there is nothing auto about the response.

<good suggestions snipped>
>NOTE:  I removed the part about creating a SF support request.  The
>mail list works the way we as a group decide it should...there should't
>be an SF support request just because someone can't post with their
>favorite HTML stationary, add GIF smiley's, or whatever...

I added the SF support request option to cover people who have employers
that attach mime/html footers to all outgoing mail. I probably could have
expressed this better.

>Maybe something like:

Note: I don't think we need to specify the maximum post size (64Kb). Very
few text/plain messages will exceed this size.

Revised edition below:

Please configure your email client [1] to send text/plain messages to
this list. Instead of attachments, you should include any diagnostic
information as in-line text in the main message body.

[1] http://www.expita.com/nomime.html

Details:
Only messages with a Content-type: of "text/plain" and
"multipart/signed" are automatically posted to the list. All other
content-types are held for administrative action.

Alternate Support:
If your employer attaches a footer to all outgoing mail that isn't
text/plain, you may submit a support request using the LEAF Tracker [2].

[2] https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=13751&atid=213751

If you have any questions about this policy, please send them to
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>.

--
Mike Noyes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://sourceforge.net/users/mhnoyes/