> This sounds just like what I had happening a few weeks ago when I
> switched
> to the released version of Dachstein from the release candidate. I
> solved it by swapping in a kernel that had serial support compiled in
> but never was able to figure out why serial.o wouldn't work. Is it
> possible that the newer kenel in the released version is incompatible
> with the serial.o module?

It could be...I haven't personally tested serial support on the default
floppy kernel (compiled as a module), although serial support works on the
CD-Rom kernel (compiled in).  There were a bunch of kernel patches &
re-compiles about the time I was releasing Dachstein, which is why the
kernel is 2.2.19-3 and not just 2.2.19...

Anyone succesfully using modularized serial ports with the current Dachstein
floppy kernel (2.2.19-3-small)?

Charles Steinkuehler
http://lrp.steinkuehler.net