> Any help is most welcome on how to get the work DNS from populating
while at
> home, so I can use the laptop on the internet.

Well, I haven't made the leap to XP yet, but earlier versions of 'doze
had the ability to manually enter DNS servers, or to get them via DHCP.
In Win2K, this is in networking properties (for the specific adaptor) /
TCP/IP Properties / general...there's a check-box for "Obtain DNS server
address automatically".

You should have something similar in XP, I hope, which should at least
get your DNS resolving.

I'd also try setting your netbios-node-type to broadcast only in the
firewall's /etc/dhcpd.conf file, which will hopefully override your WINS
setting, even if you can't get the WINS server IP to go away when on the
home LAN (Win2K at least doesn't have an equivelent "Obtain WINS server
address automatically" option...just the one for DNS.  XP might be
different).

Good luck!

Charles Steinkuehler
http://lrp.steinkuehler.net