It would be convenient for me to be able to access my Linux machine on
the network at the school where I work, from my XP machine at home
through my Bering Leaf box. Without flogging through the many Openvpn
docs or joining the mailing list, I thought I'd ask the question here,
as several Leaf users seem to be doing a similar thing.

As I'll be going through the school server to enter the internal
network, I'll probably need  the network admins to make some allowance
for this in their server configuration. What would they need to do
before I can get started on either end of a VPN?
If they can't or won't do what is required, then VPN would obviously be
a non-starter!

Jim Ford