Hi Erich,

> Absolutely, I am one of those myself, but keeping information
> undisclosed does not enhance security. I would, in any case, suggest to
> have (if needed) a remote access policy which is supported by
> management.
I agree. My main point really really was: don't try to work against the
rules that usually are part of your work-contract, but work with them
(unless you're on some sort of a mission to get fired).

Not allowing remote access isn't necessarily a measure of keeping
information undisclosed - it's merely a measure to keep systems out of
the local network that one has no control over. I have better things to
do than to work through the aftermath caused by somebody connecting a
worm/trojan/virus-infected computer/net to the net I'm responsible
for... Most large companies I know either require "approved computers"
(usually supplied by the company) or some serious "we'll cut your throat
if you cause any problems" contracts, before one can access their net
remotely. And I don't blame them, even if those rules make daily work
more difficult than needed at times.

> BTW, Do you know why the list drops S/MIME signed messages?
Same as a couple of months ago - seems to be a side-effect of the
"de-MIME" function used on the list, to get rid of HTML and possible
malware. I'm not aware of any way to get past that (last time we
discussed that, I tried everything I could think of, and S/MIME messages
would just not go through). Maybe, part of it is that mailman re-writes
the message (for the digest and to add the list-specific footer to the
messages), which could break a signed message anyway.

Maybe somebody more familiar with mailman and the supporting tools SF
uses will be able to offer some ideas. For now, all I know is that it's
best to not send S/MIME message to our lists. Sorry about that.

Martin