On Thu, 2007-02-08 at 12:37, Mike Noyes wrote:

> I allowed all the content-types in his message yesterday. I now believe
> he is running into the base64 encoding filter.
>
>         Note: prior to this message, I never saw a legitimate use for
>         base64 encoding on a mailing list.
>
> I'll need to evaluate this issue further.

Erich,
I removed "Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64" from Privacy options...
[Spam filters]. Please try posting, and let me know if things work.

Martin,
I suspect this will address Erich's problem. However, it leaves the list
open to nasty spam that's base64 encoded. I took a quick look at the
python re module, and we may be able to utilize a negative lookahead
assertion to filter non s/mime base64 messages.

http://www.amk.ca/python/howto/regex/regex.html#SECTION000540000000000000000

http://sourceforge.net/users/mhnoyes/
SF.net Projects: leaf, sitedocs