Hi Erich,

> Thus you can most probably circumvent _unfriendly_
> (aka professional) administrators. ( I did not tell you you should ;-) )
I am one of those "unfriendly administrators" - and anybody who tried to
pull that kind of thing without talking to me or somebody else who's in
charge first (and got caught - I cannot rule out that somebody smarter
than me would be able to "slip through") would have all network access
revoked immediately, followed by some serious trouble from the
administration. Most work-places have policies ruling what's allowed
regarding access to the computers/network, and usually, those don't
include circumventing security measures.
I'm _not_ saying that Jim is wrong trying to do what he's trying to do
(it may be in the best interest of his employer to do so) - but he
should talk to the people in charge, rather than trying to get past
them, IMHO.

Martin