On Thu, 2007-02-08 at 12:01, Martin Hejl wrote:
> > Would you like me to take a look?
>
> I guess this is a little late, since you already seem to have taken a
> look - but yes, I'd appreciate you having a look and making whatever
> changes to the list that you feel could help (just let me know if you
> make changes other than modifying the content filter list - just so I'm
> not utterly confused the next time I have to change something).

Martin,
Sorry for jumping in without getting your OK first. Old mailing list
management habits die hard. Sorry, and I won't do it again.

> > Also, it'd help tremendously to see one of the messages, with full
> > headers, that bounced.
>
> Indeed it would. The strange thing is, I've never seen a bounce - it
> doesn't show up in the admin queue, and it doesn't get mailed to the
> list-owner. I have no clue what is happening here (none of the tons of
> Spam that get sent to our lists get 'lost' - only the signed messages
> Erich sends...).

Erich just sent me a message, and I extracted these headers from it:

        protocol="application/x-pkcs7-signature"; micalg=sha1;
        boundary="------------ms080004060201010201060902"

I allowed all the content-types in his message yesterday. I now believe
he is running into the base64 encoding filter.

        Note: prior to this message, I never saw a legitimate use for
        base64 encoding on a mailing list.

I'll need to evaluate this issue further.

Erich,
A content-description shouldn't cause a failure to post, so S/MIME
likely isn't the problem.

http://sourceforge.net/users/mhnoyes/
SF.net Projects: leaf, sitedocs