> In that sense 'wrong' is a moral judgement.

Absolutely.

> This is business.

It's still wrong no matter what you call it.

> But now you mention it, what exactly did he do wrong by your definition?

He stole goods and services from people by not paying them for services they 
had rendered him in good faith.

> And what would you personally have done differently?

I'd have made every effort to have paid them what I owed as I have done with 
everybody I owed money to throughout my life. This is probably why Bates 
lives in the lap of luxury in the South of France whilst I get to go there 
once a year if I'm lucky.
You perhaps live by a different moral compass to me and good luck to you, 
but it does distress me that the football club I love and have followed for 
almost fifty years has been tainted by the actions of the people who have 
run it for the last 8-10 years. Bates is just the last in a line of 
charlatans and ne'er-do-wells who have brought the club into the state it's 
in now.
Bates may well return us to the Promised Land in a few years time and I hope 
I'll be there to see it if he does.
I'm not holding my breath though.



_______________________________________________
the Leeds List is an unmoderated mailing list and the list administrators 
accept no liability for the personal views and opinions of contributors. 
Leedslist mailing list
[email protected]
http://list.zetnet.co.uk/mailman/listinfo/leedslist
Join The Leeds United Supporters Trust at www.lufctrust.org 

Reply via email to