-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Gail Nestor
Sent: Monday, June 16, 2008 6:45 PM
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] V7: Accessed date for lumped US Census Entries - for
Geoff

Well, if I found the 1850 census *online* at Ancestry.com, wouldn't I
want/need to provide an accessed date for when I found it online?
There is no place in Legacy within the 1850 US Census (found online)
template to provide the accessed date.

The EE template for the 1850 US census found online is found on page
240 of EE.  The fields shown are as follows:

Census ID: 1850 U. S. Census
Jurisdiction: Marion County, Iowa
Schedule: population schedule
Civil Division: Lake Prairie
Page ID: p. 290 (stamped)
Household ID: dwelling 151, family 156
Person(s): Virgil W. and Wyatt B. Earp
Item Type or Format: digital image
Website Title: Ancestry.com [in italics]
URL (Digital Location): http://www.ancestry.com
Accessed Date: accessed 16 January 2006
Credit Line: citing NARA microfilm publication M432, roll 187

Legacy's template for an online census does not contain an "accessed
date" field as required above.  It only provides a "publish date"
field, which, unfortunately, does not appear on Legacy's output
preview for the footnote.

Maybe I am misunderstanding what you mean when you say that you have
to scroll down for it.  Are you talking about scrolling down through
the source type list to select a different template than the one I
have described?

Gail Rich Nestor
Smyrna, Georgia
www.roots2buds.net