-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Gail Nestor
Sent: Saturday, June 14, 2008 12:49 PM
To: Legacy User Group
Subject: [LegacyUG] V7: Accessed date for lumped US Census Entries - for
Geoff

Hi, well I've finally had a chance to play around with the source
writer a bit and I am very pleased with the overall results!  With my
EE book in hand, I have been wading through the templates and starting
to make some source conversions.  I'm kind of surprised, though, at
one aspect of the US census template.  I know this has been mentioned
before in our *very* active list, but I want to revisit the issue to
see what the future plans might be.

It seems that the formatting for the "accessed date" is set to be
input at the master source level, rather than the citation detail
level.  For users who lump their census entries by county or by year
(like myself), then the date will not be applicable for subsequent
census findings for different families.  If no date is entered in this
spot, though, the result is an empty space before the closing
parentheses.

The order of the source output seems to allow for the blending of the
order of master source components and detail components, so I am not
sure why we could not give the user the choice of where to include the
accessed date.

Geoff, how have you been handling this issue with your own data so
far??  I believe you had stated that you lump master census sources by
county as well, right?

I am hesitant to convert too many of my census master sources before I
know how this issue may be addressed.  If I have somehow missed a note
saying that issue is on a list to be fixed in an upcoming update, I
apologize for the duplication of notes.

I truly believe this tool is going to help thousands of genealogists
improve their desire and ability to cite sources more accurately and
completely!  Kudos to the Legacy team!!

Gail Rich Nestor
Smyrna, Georgia
www.roots2buds.net

P.S.  Hi there to all my LUG friends who just got back from IGHR
(Institute of Genealogy and Historical Research) in Birmingham,
Alabama!