Cary Jay Vaughn wrote:
When I am in family view, the preferred parent shows instead of the biological parent. How do I get the biological parent to appear and still keep the "other" parent as preferred?

Simple answer is: You don't! If you want the biological to appear every time, then that has to be the preferred parent. There is only one preferred parent, and that is the one that will appear by default. To get the other one to show, right-click alongside the parents in the Family View - similar to running forwards or backwards through the siblings by clicking or right-clicking between the two main individuals on Family View.

--
Regards,
Mike Fry