I would summarize it this way -- whether or not this is a bug (and by
the technical definition of what constitutes a bug, I would say it is
not one), this is a behavior that no one would *ever* want or expect,
and thus it certainly deserves to be changed in a future revision.
Presenting it as user error comes across as somewhat crass, especially
given the complicated nature of how the quirk arises.

I certainly don't blame the beta testers for missing it because it is
rather obscure, but now that it has been identified I think we can
acknowledge that it does happen, should probably not happen, and not
worry so much about the specifics of how some people enter their data.

-Steve

On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 11:40 AM, Brian/Support