Randolph Clark wrote
Question: If you name the census image something other than the name of the primary person sought then how do you (easily) know whether you've found/saved that person's census location?

I decided long ago that I needed a simple way of keeping track of what information or I had or did not have for every individual in my file so I created a spreadsheet. It has one sheet for each of the 4 branches of my family and each sheet has the User ID, forenames and surnames down the left side, with years of Birth and Death. There are then columns for Birth, Baptism, Marriage (3 columns - haven't had anyone marry 4 times yet!), Death and Burial, columns for each Census then columns showing briefly who the person is (wife of Joe Bloggs 123, for example) and their relationship (if any) to me.

It only takes a second to update it as I go along and I can see at a glance where basic information is still to be located
--
Jenny M Benson