Until 1974 Yorkshire was divided into three sections calleed Ridings. I
believe the word itself comes from the Viking language and means a 1/3 part.
The three were the North Riding, West and East.

Ron Ferguson

Create your Website with Legacy, see Tutorials at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk
Includes the family tree for Alan J Grimshaw
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/fergys/