James Cook wrote
>Maybe an example will help clarify what I'm trying to point out here:
>Say you've used a birth certificate as the source for name, birth, and
>relationship to parents, and you've used the Source Clipboard to paste
>that source into each of the four events.  If you run a report, all
>four places might reference source #3.  Ok, all is good so far.  Now
>you want to edit something in the Source Details about the relationship
>to the parents, you select the entry on the Father, and edit them.  Run
>your report again, and only Father has changed.  Now name, birth, and
>mother relationship still reference source #3, but father references
>source #7.

If the change you want to make to the Source Detail is relevant *only*
to the Father then doing as you say is fine and you get the result you
want.  If you want a universal change to that Source Detail, amending
*all* references to it you would use Search and Replace to make the
required changes and select Replace All.
--
Jenny M Benson